CRUNCHY "CINNAMON CHIN CHIN" SNACK
Prep/cooking⏰: 1 hr
Recipe type: Snacks
* 500g all-Purpose flour + extra for kneading
* 180g sugar
* 1 ⁄ 2 Tsp salt
* 1 ⁄ 4 Tsp baking powder
* 1 Tsp cinnamon
* 1 Tsp grated lime zest (optional)
* 60g margarine/butter
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 180ml milk
* oil, for frying
1. Using a mixer or by hand, mix the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and lime zest(optional).
2. Add the butter to the flour and mix well until the butter is well incorporated with the flour. (You can use melted butter if you like).
3. Add milk and egg into the mixture. Keep mixing until you have formed a sticky dough ball.
4. Dump the dough ball onto a floured surface and knead, incorporating more flour into the dough as needed, until the dough is smooth, elastic, and even in color and no longer sticky. Chin-chin can be cut into many shapes and sizes.
5. Divide dough in half .On a floured board roll each half to about ⅙ inches thick. Just like linguine or fettuccine. Use a wheel cutter or sharp knife to cut into desired shapes.
6. On a medium heat, Add oil (about 3 inches deep) to a heated skillet or big sauce pan. Ensure the oil is hot before frying so that the dough doesn't soak oil.
7. Fry in hot oil until slightly golden. Remove from oil, drain, and serve. You can store this in an air tight container for up to a month.