CHOCOLATE ORANGE MINI CUPCAKES
Preparation 🕰 : 20 mins
Baking 🕰: 15-20 mins
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 115g Self raising flour
- 115g Butter
- 115g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Ground Almond
- Grated rind and 1/2 juice of an orange
- 2 Oranges, for zest and,
- 3 Tbsp Fresh orange juice
- 45g Caster sugar.
- 12 Cupcake paper cases
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas 4.
- Line muffin pans with paper case.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and ground almonds.
- Divide the batter evenly into two halves.
- Fold in half of the flour into one half,with the orange rind and juice to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Fold in the remaining flour, cocoa powder into the other half with enough milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Fill in the paper cases with the two mixtures 2/3 full and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Place cupcakes on a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
For the syrup:
- Use a zester or vegetable peeler to peel the orange into tiny strips.
- Stir the orange rind, sugar and orange juice in a small saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- When the sugar dissolves,increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes without stirring till mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and slowly spoon syrup over cupcake.
- Serve warm and enjoy with double cream .